Take your business idea further with IED incubator programme. IED aims to position Botswana as a beacon for innovation, entrepreneurship and prosperity in Africa by helping aspiring and early stage entrepreneurs turn their business ideas into reality. IED supports the development of business skills and knowledge as well as creating networking opportunities to catalyse the growth of the country’s startup community.
IED and Venture Creation Labs provide training, investment and mentoring through its incubator programme. These services are offered to aspiring entrepreneurs to diversify the economy through the launch of successful startups to create wealth and jobs. It’s mission is to:
- Improve the total entrepreneurial activity rate, particularly high-potential business creation.
- Promote an enabling environment for establishment of businesses that create clear value and meet significant needs, have robust economic characteristics and can be scaled with sustainable impact.
- Forge an entrepreneurship attitude and inculcate a spirit of entrepreneurship from the grassroots through kid and youth oriented programming
Venture Creation Labs is a dynamic business laboratory geared at supporting and strengthening the local startup community. The lab supports the overall mission of IED through training, mentoring and investing in viable and disruptive startups with import substitution potential. In line with the larger IED mandate, the organization has several key areas’ of focus which are Import Substitution, Youth Employment Creation and Women Economic Empowerment. IED has crafted a mix of startup and business programmes, workshops, seminars, training, networking and business support clinics all geared towards enabling our EITs to start businesses and contribute to the long-term sustainability of the nation; and guide EITs through the entrepreneurial process, from idea to launch and beyond.
The Incubator Space Offers:
- Shared reception service
- Access to mentoring, training and coaching services
- Meeting room service
- An opportunity to meet, connect and collaborate with like-minded female entrepreneurs
- Extensive business linkages and networking opportunities
- Well-resourced business library
- Wi-Fi, cleaning and security service included
- Mini Coffee Bar
- Fully furnished private office
- Fully furnished office cubicle
- Dedicated Desk: A dedicated desk gives you an opportunity to work from the same desk month to month
- Drop In: Occupy any available desk, sit wherever and do whatever for the day!